Being in lockdown with such incredible weather makes me want to be on holiday on a lounge chair drinking a Pina Colada… That not being possible until god knows when I opted to spend the afternoon in the kitchen whipping up these delicious coconut cookies. Not only do they suit my sweet tooth perfectly they also give me a delicious buttery coconut flavour that transports me to the beach! This recipe is super easy and super quick – my mum likes to call me a lazy cook because if there is a shortcut I will always take it and this is definitely one of the best recipes if you’ve only got 30 minutes from prep to fully baked! Best served warm out of the oven and be warned they disappear quickly with no one able to resist!
- 1 Cup self-raising flour
- 1 Cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup softened unsalted butter
- Pre-heat the oven to Fan 190 degrees C
- In a large bowl mix together all ingredients
- Butter a pan or use parchment paper to line the bottom
- Roll mixture into small balls
- Place on baking sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Dig in!