It’s finally the end of another week and in Dutch households that means a daily borrel! Served at around 5pm and enjoyed by family and friends it’s more than just pre-dinner drinks but not quite as formal as a reception. In a more traditional Dutch household they would serve deep fried Dutch specialties however in our household we prefer a selection of chips and dips, nuts and the occasional charcuterie. As it’s indulged in before dinner I wanted to come up with healthier alternatives that I will be sharing weekly on a Friday to still allow me to participate but not over indulge. These all go perfectly with a glass of wine or cold beer! This recipe works really well with pitta chips, melba toast or home baked slimming world wheat chips!
- 1 Sweet Potato
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, Garlic granules, Smoked Paprika, Turmeric and Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of half a lime
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tablespoon mixed seeds
1. Preheat the oven to Fan 180 degrees C
2. Dice the sweet potato into bite sized chunks
3. In a large bowl combine all ingredients with the sweet potato and ensure sweet potato is well coated by spices and oil
4. Roast the sweet potato in the oven for 20 minutes
5. Once cooked mash the potato well and pop in a serving bowl
6. Drizzle a little olive oil on top and add mixed seeds
7. Enjoy hot or cold both are delicious!