First of all let me apologise for the terrible headline, finding a pun for Melanzane Parmiagana was next to impossible and given my strong love of puns I couldn’t go without. If you do have a better suggestion please let me know in the comment sections and I will happily change it!
This is my go to dinner when I feel like something warm, comforting and soup just won’t cut it. Is it me or does food feel so much more filling when you have to use both a knife and a fork?!? Have this by itself or with a salad but ALWAYS go heavy on the parmesan – you won’t regret it!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Can chopped tomatoes
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Aubergine
- 1 Tablespoon mascarpone
- 2 Tablespoons parmesan
- Preheat the oven to Fan 180 degrees C
- In a pan heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Finely chop or mince garlic clove and add to hot olive oil
- Let simmer until the garlic has softened
- Add chopped tomatoes and stir until combined
- Leave to simmer for 10 minutes
- In the meantime finely slice the aubergine
- In a frying pan heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add the aubergine
- Add the mascarpone to the tomato mixture and simmer for another 5 minutes whilst the aubergine softens in frying pan
- In a small baking ramekin line the bottom with softened aubergine then add a layer of tomato and mascarpone sauce followed by another aubergine layer and so forth until you reach the top where there should be a thin layer of tomato sauce followed by a heavy sprinkling of parmesan
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes and dig in!